1. What is CARB?
    Truckers are required to register with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Drayage Truck Registry (DTR). CARB will review the DTR registration of every truck entering the Port and may fine truckers who enter without proper DTR registration. Truckers can register their trucks in the Drayage truck registry or look to see if they are exempt. Create a company file and register a truck at www.arber.arb.ca.gov. At the gate the security guard will check to ensure they are registered before allowing access to the terminal.
  2. What is TWIC?
    The Transportation Security Administration, in coordination with the US Coast Guard, monitors the TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) program on our terminals in California and Hawaii. Only those people with a TWIC card will be granted access to the terminals. Anyone requesting access who does NOT have a TWIC card will be required to wait outside the gate until they can be individually escorted onto the terminal.

  3. What documents do I need when delivering or picking up at the terminal?
    • Documents required for DELIVERY: TWIC, Dock Receipt, and Certified Proof of Cargo Weight
    • Documents required for PICK UP: TWIC, valid Photo ID (Driver's License) and the Arrival Notice

  4. Where can I get a certified proof of weight?
    Manufacturers can supply a certified weight with their cargo. Alternatively, a scale ticket is also proof of weight. See Terminal Information for directions to scales nearest the port.

  5. Does Pasha Hawaii Over-High & Wide accept household goods and personal effects?
    No. We can recommend vendors for these services. Contact us at 866-393-9831 or at OHW@pashahawaii.com.  
  6. What is "stackable"?
    Any Cargo that is packaged appropriately and can safely have other cargos loaded on top of it during ocean transit is considered stackable.

  7. How much fuel is allowed in the vehicle tank?
    Self-Propelled Vehicle tanks should have between 1/8 and 1⁄4 tank of fuel. Any other fuel tanks should be empty, such as boats, generators, propane tanks.

  8. Do you require vehicle titles?
    For commercial vehicles titles are not required for transportation. Privately owned vehicles such as motor homes, trucks with camper shells, etc. require registration.

  9. What is considered "Clean" cargo?
    All cargo is subject to inspection by U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) upon arrival at both the origin and destination terminals and must be "Clean and Empty." Transference of any soil or plant matter between California and Hawaii is not allowed. Any cargo with dirt or plant matter will be placed in quarantine upon arrival. Our terminals do NOT have cleaning facilities. We may refuse cargo until properly cleaned and all foreign matter removed. For example, cargo must be free of:
    • Bugs on windshields – grass or seeds in carpets
    • Leaves under wipers or stuck in door frames
    • Dirt in tire treads or on pedals
    • Road dust, leaking engine oil or fuel

    Fines levied by the USDA are for shipper's account.

  10. What are the maximum inner dimensions of a 40 ft. Flat Rack?
    39' L X 8' W X 6' 4" H